This open chassis shallow "L" style steel wet sump is for pre-85 Small Block Chevys. The pan is designed for applications requiring extra ground clearance and with chassis without any x-members under the engine (asphalt and dirt modifieds, sprint cars, and some late models). It has a 16" long, 6-1/2" deep L sump with an 8 quart system capacity. Requires one of our pickups. Also an available option for this pan is #20-914 Pro Louvered Windage Tray, designed to replace the standard screen tray in this pan.
NOTES: Requires offset aftermarket starter and a 153 or 168 tooth flywheel. 20-914 Pro Louvered Windage Tray Upgrade Required for Dirt Racing.
The Pan Features
* 8 qt System Capacity
* Six Trap Door Baffles & Directional Oil Runners
* Pro Style Oil Recovery Pouch
* Bolt in Slosh Baffle
* Built in Screen Windage Tray
* 1/2” NPT Temperature Bung
* Provison for our Pan Mounted Dipstick
* Magnetic Drain Plug
20-036 - Pickup for SBC Standard Volume Pump M55
20-031 - Pickup for Small Block High Volume Pump M55HV
20-032 - Pickup for Small Block Standard Volume M155 Pump with 3/4" Inlet
20-850 - Universal Dipstick Kit 1/4" N.P.T. Fitting
20-854 - Universal Steel Braided Dipstick Kit 1/4" N.P.T Fitting
88-100 – SBC Pre ’85 Oil Pan Gasket
Best Results Installing an Oil Pan (PDF)
Be the first to review this product.
- Canton Racing Products, Inc. warrants that when our products are properly installed in their correct application they will be free from defect. Any product returned for warranty must be returned to Canton Racing Products, Inc. within 1 year of purchase. All returns must include the original sales slip or proof of purchase, detailed information regarding the problem, your name, address and phone number.
- 2-7 Business Day Via UPS Ground (Orders placed after 2:30pm EST will be processed the next business day)
- 8 Quart System Capacity
- Silver Plated
- 16 Gauge Steel
- Application Type:
- Circle Track Racing
- Sump Style:
- Engine Type:
- Small Block Chevy